Here it is, the last week of NaNoWriMo! Somehow this month that seems both far too long and far too short always comes to an end. My novel has about 8,000 words to go and the main dilemma is resolved. I may end up having to write some filler scenes if I get to the end before hitting 50,000. But I love knowing that I’m so close! By the time I turn in my next time card (Dec. 3), I will have my sixth NaNo novel under my belt.
These are the things I’m looking forward to doing again once November is over …
- Reading all my email and not just the ones that look really high priority — and maybe even responding to a few!
- Sleeping in on weekends
- Doing the dishes more than once a week
- Playing with my cats
- Finding balance among my writing commitments again — I’m pleased that I’ve managed to keep up with this blog and with my journaling during NaNoWriMo, but the same cannot be said for my book reviews or the Young Adult Catholics blog
- Seeing if I can find my desk again
- Putting my laundry away rather than just digging for it in the basket
- Packing up my summer clothes (I’m not in denial, just behind schedule)
- Being able to NOT write once in a while
- Finishing my Rapunzel story, and, of course …
- Revising my new novel!!