First Fiction Sell

In my email box this morning:

“Hi Lacey,

I’m pleased to inform you that your submission, ‘The Man in the Mirror‘ has been accepted for publication in Queer Dimensions.”

And I am very pleased to be informed of that! As far as my New Year’s Resolution goes: 2 pieces are now awaiting publication, with 1 to go to meet my goal; and I’ve sent off 5 submissions with 1 to go, which I’ll work on as soon as I’ve posted this. My email folder labeled “success!” is growing. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: it’s amazing how your chances of publication go up when you start submitting your work.

10 Responses to “First Fiction Sell”

1. Jenna

So that’s the new title! I’m excited for you, and to see it in print!

I love that last line. Wise words. :)

• Lacey Louwagie

Thank you! I’m excited to see it in print, too, and to read the rest of the stories in the anthology. If this were a novel instead of an anthology, I’d give you an acknowledgment on the first page. Thanks again for the thoughtful critique.

2. Linda

That’s great, Lacey! I liked that story from the first, and I think a lot of others will, too.

• Lacey Louwagie

The lurker comments at last! 😀 Thanks, Linda, for your comment and for your critique on the early draft (and for reading the later draft even though you didn’t have to!)

3. Josh McDonald

Yay! Congratulations.

4. spoonbridge

Congratulations, Lacey, that’s wonderful! I really agree with the last lines, as well.

5. Jenny

Yay Lacey!!! And yeah, I’m with Linda–“The Man in the Mirror” is a perfect name, and pokes subtle fun at a conservative Christian book of the same name. (Conincidence? Either way, it rocks!!!)

6. Lacey Louwagie

Ha — you know, I have heard of that “Man in the Mirror” book now that you mention it, but I wasn’t thinking of it when I slapped the title on. Still, I like the coincidence, and am not tempted to track down the book . . .

7. Jenny

*snicker* Well, if you ever change your mind and want a copy, my father-in-law’s church gives out a copy to every man in the congregation for Father’s Day every year. The same book. Every year. To the same handful of men at that little church. 😀

This only goes to show you how financial legacy gifts can go horribly, horribly wrong…

8. Lacey Louwagie

Ha, that’s funny. Does this mean I can expect about 45 copies of that book at this summer’s library book sale?